So what are the best ways to prevent aging? Read on to discover some very solid strategies to recapture the glory days. I for one don’t necessarily want to live longer, but I do want to be doing the same things at 80 as I do at 45 years old.
Getting older is a drag. All guys would like to look and feel younger then their age, especially as they get into their 40’s and beyond. At this age our bodies just aren’t what they used to be and this affects us not only physically, but mentally as well.
So what ends up happening is that a lot of guys want to try and feel younger by dressing differently or by buying a nice car, but this isn’t the answer. What really matters is our biology. And to really maintain that youthful feel and mindset we need testosterone!
Diet and exercise are crucial factors for boosting testosterone levels at any age, but there’s definitely a limit for what they can do for older men. As men age their testosterone levels naturally decline which leads to a loss in muscle mass, a drop in libido, fat gain and more. Preventing this decline is crucial, and in order to do so the proper supplements must be utilized.
The right supplements will help you in all aspects of your health: Good hormone levels, a strong immune system, better blood flow and heart health, less fat etc. Not all supplements are created equal though, and for older guys you want to seek out the most effective supplements specifically for targeting aging.
What is Anti-Aging
The term anti-aging doesn’t always have the best connotation. The concept of anti-aging is too often associated with bogus skin creams that try to erase wrinkles. But anti-aging is so much more than that.
Anti-aging is essentially the process of slowing, preventing and in some cases reversing the process of aging. Scientists are constantly making strides in this field and the future looks bright. Today, we have a lot of insight on what keeps men looking and feeling young, especially from the perspective of health and fitness.
There are a number of factors that play into this, but one of the biggest is our hormone levels.
Why Testosterone is Important for Anti-Aging Protocols
For men, testosterone is associated with youth. It’s why when we’re teenagers we have tons of energy and a high libido. As we age our T levels drop, so a key part of anti-aging has been to find ways to preserve these hormone levels.
A common method of bringing these levels up is through the use of Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) although there are definitely natural ways to do this. One of them is to take high-quality supplements to increase testosterone and fight the aging process.
- Creatine: This supplement is well known among athletes and bodybuilders as it is highly effective in boosting muscle and strength. However, researchers are starting to learn more about its potential anti-aging effects. For one, older men can use creatine to preserve their muscle mass they already have, and keep their strength. Additionally, creatine has shown to have beneficial cognitive effects such as enhancing memory.
- DHEA: This is a hormone that exists naturally in the body and serves as a precursor to testosterone. It declines significantly with age, and therefore has gained popularity among those looking to prevent aging.
- Antioxidants: This is not a specific supplement for consumption, but in general antioxidants should make up any person’s diet interested in combating aging. Oxidation is a process that occurs in the body caused by free radicals, which in turn damages healthy cells and DNA, leading to aging—antioxidants prevent this. Antioxidants are found in high amounts in vitamins and minerals like zinc and foods like leafy greens. There are a few choices listed below.
- Coenzyme Q10: CoQ10 is a vitamin-like substance that plays an important role in the development of energy in cells. It is also an antioxidant that reduces oxidation in the body and the breakdown of DNA which is linked to long life.
- Fish Oil: Fish oil is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. They are highly effective at reducing inflammation in the body, especially reducing the risk of heart disease and promoting healthy blood flow.
- Resveratrol: It may seem paradoxical that countries that don’t have the healthiest diets like France are quite healthy compared to other Western nations. One explanation for his phenomena is due to the consumption of red wine. Red wine is rich in resveratrol, an antioxidant that has been show to fight aging. If you’re not a big wine drinker, make sure to get a quality supplement.
- Aspirin: Although a common medicine for treating inflammation, it has been used for treating blood clots and promote healthy blood flow by making blood platelets less likely to clump together. Definitely something men should consider as they age.
- Green Tea Extract: Green tea has long been used for its herbal healing powers. This is most likely because of its potent antioxidant properties. What green tea extract does is that it helps to maintain the structural integrity of cells, preventing degeneration over time.
How to Use These Supplements
The best way to get started on restoring your youth, assuming you’re already following the T-Cycle Diet and lifting weights, is to start by taking some basic supplements like creatine or fish oil. Not only will this set you on the right path to slowing down the aging process, but these supplements will improve your health in general. Before doing so, you may want to consider discussing these supplements with your health practitioner to ensure that they won’t adversely affect your health or so they don’t interfere with anything you’re taking.
From there, look into getting a supplement that specifically targets aging like CoQ10 or Resveratrol. These supplements do more than general health supplements to target degenerating cells. After a few months’ time you’re going to start feeling many years younger. The wrinkles won’t magically disappear from your face and your gray hair won’t disappear, rather the changes are beneath the surface. Your libido and T levels will go up, your joints will feel better, and you’ll have more energy and will approach life with more enthusiasm than you have in a very long time.